I didn’t put this up immediately for two reasons: first, everyone is doing new year’s resolution posts right now and I insist on being “different.” Second, I wanted to put everything down on “paper,” let it sit awhile and then come back and take a another look at it before finalizing the list.
My goals for the year 2011:
1. Submit writing every month to a publicaton – with the implication being that someone somewhere will publish me
2. Develop, outline, draft and write two short stories
3. Participate in NaNoWriMo
4. Review Latin – Poetry and plays might be the best way to do this
5. Learn algebra – I knew this at one point I need to brush up on my math skills
6. Do the Lake Berryessa two mile swim
7. Bike a century
8. Buy as few new things as possible – this is an attempt to reduce, re-use, recycle, and repair more.
9. Do more with my hobbies (besides gaming) – I have a lot of cool stuff lying around that I could be doing things with, this is what this is here for.
10. Jump out of a plane – I needed something to round out the list!
There you have it folks! How will I do? Only 362 days until you find out!
EDIT – I forgot what the real number ten was supposed to be until just now. I suppose it can be number eleven:
11. Meditate everyday – I’m specifically thinking of Zazen.